November 04, 2020, Mumbai: Datamatics Global Services Ltd. (DGSL), a global Digital Solutions, Technology, and BPM company, today announced the financial results for the second quarter and half year ended September 30, 2020.
Consolidated Financial Highlights – Q2FY21
- Revenue at INR 2,856.2 million; up 3.1% q-o-q and down 3.7% y-o-y. The q-o-q growth was mainly driven by BPM business
- EBITDA at INR 329.3 million; up 15.3% q-o-q down 2.2% y-o-y.
- EBITDA margin was at 11.5%; up 122 bps q-o-q and up 18 bps y-o-y; came back to Q2FY20 levels
- PAT (after non-controlling interest) at INR 154.2 million; up 14.1% q-o-q and down 22.7% y-o-y.
- EPS (Diluted) at INR 2.62 for Q2FY21 as against INR 2.29 in Q1FY21 and INR 3.38 in Q2FY20.
Consolidated Financial Highlights – H1FY21
- Revenue at INR 5,627.1 million; down 4.1% y-o-y
- EBITDA at INR 615 million; down 11.0% y‐o‐y
- EBITDA margin was at 10.9%; down 85 bps y‐o‐y
- PAT (after non-controlling interest) at INR 289.3 million as against INR 391.8 in H1FY20
- EPS (Diluted) at INR 4.91 as against INR 6.65 in H1FY20.
Commenting on the results and financial performance, Rahul Kanodia, Vice Chairman and CEO said,
“I am happy to see the growth recovery in businesses across industry and verticals which was impacted initially due to pandemic. Our EBITDA margin increased by 15.3% sequentially; driven by revenue growth and cost optimization efforts. We are seeing demand revival across segments as customers are accelerating their digital transformation journey. We are confident of sustaining the growth momentum in coming quarters.”
- For Q2FY21, USA continues to be major contributor at 54% whereas contributions from UK, Europe, India and Rest of World stood at 12%, 5%, 20% and 9% respectively.
- In terms of sectorial contribution to the revenue, BFSI, Technology & Consulting and Publishing were the top three sectors contributing 27%, 24% and 20% respectively.
- Top 5 clients contributed 27%; top 10 clients contributed 38%, whereas the contribution from top 20 clients to the revenue for stood at 50%.
- Added 3 new customers in Q2 FY21
- Datamatics launched the world’s largest repository of over 800 automation use cases for enterprises, customers and partners. The repository includes use cases across 13 industries such as BFSI, Manufacturing, Logistics; and 6 corporate functions like Finance & Accounting, Information Technology, Human Resources, and others
- Everest Group recognized Datamatics TruBot as a Major Contender in its Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Peak Matrix 2020. Datamatics was also acknowledged as a key player in the RPA market in the report ‘Datamatics looks to broaden its footprint in the RPA market’ by 451 Research
- Datamatics recognized as a Star Performer in (FAO) Finance and Accounting Outsourcing Service Provider Peak Matrix 2020
About Datamatics Global Services Limited
Datamatics (BSE: 532528 | NSE: DATAMATICS) provides intelligent solutions for data-driven businesses to increase productivity and enhance the customer experience. With a complete digital approach, Datamatics portfolio spans across Technology Services, Business Process Management, Engineering Services and Big Data & Analytics all powered by Artificial Intelligence. It has established products in Robotic Process Automation, Intelligent Document Processing, Business Intelligence and Automated Fare Collection. Datamatics services global customers across Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, Manufacturing, International Organizations, and Media & Publishing. The Company has presence across 4 continents with major delivery centers in the USA, India, and Philippines. To know more about Datamatics, visit www.datamatics.com
Some of the statements in this update that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include our financial and growth projections as well as statements concerning our plans, strategies, intentions and beliefs concerning our business and the markets in which we operate. These statements are based on information currently available to us, and we assume no obligation to update these statements as circumstances change. There are risks and uncertainties that could cause actual events to differ materially from these forward-looking statements. These risks include, but are not limited to, the level of market demand for our services, the highly-competitive market for the types of services that we offer, market conditions that could cause our customers to reduce their spending for our services, our ability to create, acquire and build new businesses and to grow our existing businesses, our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, currency fluctuations and market conditions in India and elsewhere around the world, and other risks not specifically mentioned herein but those that are common to the industry.
For media queries, please contact:
Marketing & Corporate Communications