November 13, 2019, Mumbai: Datamatics Global Services Ltd. (DGSL), a global IT & BPM company, today announced the financial results for the second quarter and half year ended September 30, 2019.
Consolidated Financial Highlights – Q2FY2020
- Revenue at INR 2,967.2 million; up 6.0% y‐o‐y and up 2.3% q‐o‐q
- Adjusted EBITDA at INR 336.7 million; up 7.5% y‐o‐y and down 5.0% q‐o‐q
- Adjusted EBITDA margin was at 11.3%; up 15 bps y‐o‐y and down 87 bps q‐o‐q
- EBITDA (excl. lease accounting & CSR provisioning cost) at INR 304.4 million
- EBITDA margin (excl. lease accounting & CSR provisioning cost) was at 10.3%
- PBT at INR 294.6 million; down 9.8% y‐o‐y and up 7.6% q‐o‐q
- PAT at INR 199.4 million; down 2.1% y‐o‐y and up 3.7% q‐o‐q
- EPS at INR 3.38; down 1.4% y‐o‐y and up 3.7% q‐o‐q
Consolidated Financial Highlights – H1FY20
- Revenue at INR 5,869.0 million; up 8.5% in rupee terms and 8.3% in constant currency y‐o‐y
- Adjusted EBITDA at INR 691.0 million; up 9.6% y‐o‐y
- Adjusted EBITDA margin was at 11.8%; up 12 bps y‐o‐y
- EBITDA (excl. lease accounting & CSR provisioning cost) at INR 637.0 million; up 1.1% y‐o‐y
- EBITDA margin (excl. lease accounting & CSR provisioning) was at 10.9%; down 81 bps
- PBT at INR 568.3 million; down 5.2% y‐o‐y
- PAT at INR 391.8 million; up 0.8% y‐o‐y
- EPS at INR 6.65; up 1.7% y‐o‐y
Commenting on the results and financial performance, Rahul Kanodia, Vice Chairman and CEO said,
“In H1FY20, our top line grew by 8.5% in rupee terms and 8.3% in constant currency terms. Our EBITDA for the half year witnessed a growth of 9.6% on year on year basis. The overall growth was driven by new client additions and good traction for IT services in major industries we operate in.”
- For H1FY20, USA continues to be major contributor at 56% whereas contributions from UK, Europe, India and Rest of World stood at 14%, 2%, 18% and 10% respectively.
- In terms of sectorial contribution to the revenue, BFSI, Publishing and Manufacturing were the top three sectors contributing 27%, 27% and 9% respectively.
- Top 5 clients contributed 25%; top 10 clients contributed 35%, whereas contribution from top 20 clients to the revenue for stood at 48%.
- Added 6 new customers in Q2 FY20.
- Signed 14 new channel partners. Partner strength now totals to 72 across the globe.
- Bangalore International Airport Ltd. selects Datamatics as its digital transformation partner
About Datamatics Global Services Limited
Datamatics (BSE: 532528 | NSE: DATAMATICS) provides intelligent solutions for data driven businesses to increase productivity and enhance customer experience. The company’s portfolio of service offerings spans across Information Technology Services, Business Process Management, Engineering Services and Big Data & Analytics all powered by Artificial Intelligence. It has established products in Robotics Process Automation, Advanced Analytics, Business Intelligence and Automated Fare Collection. Datamatics services over 550 customers globally across Banking & Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, Manufacturing, International Organizations and Media & Publishing. Headquartered in Mumbai, the Company has presence across 4 continents with major delivery centers in the USA, India and Philippines with an employee base of 10,000. To know more about Datamatics, visit www.datamatics.com
Some of the statements in this update that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include our financial and growth projections as well as statements concerning our plans, strategies, intentions and beliefs concerning our business and the markets in which we operate. These statements are based on information currently available to us, and we assume no obligation to update these statements as circumstances change. There are risks and uncertainties that could cause actual events to differ materially from these forward-looking statements. These risks include, but are not limited to, the level of market demand for our services, the highly-competitive market for the types of services that we offer, market conditions that could cause our customers to reduce their spending for our services, our ability to create, acquire and build new businesses and to grow our existing businesses, our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, currency fluctuations and market conditions in India and elsewhere around the world, and other risks not specifically mentioned herein but those that are common to industry.
For media queries, please contact:
Marketing & Corporate Communications