Consolidated revenue for the quarter up by 22% y-o-y to INR 2,859.25 Million and EBITDA at INR 316.62 Million, up by 52% y-o-y
Mumbai, January 31, 2019: Datamatics Global Services Ltd. (DGSL), a global IT & BPM company, today announced the financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended on December 31, 2018.
Consolidated Financial Highlights – Q3 FY2019
- Revenue at INR 2,859.3 million; up 22% y-o-y, up 2% q-o-q
- EBITDA at INR 316.6 million; up 52% y-o-y, up by 1% q-o-q
- PBT at INR 192.7 million; down by 23% y-o-y, down by 41% q-o-q
- PAT at INR 128.4 million down; by 31% y-o-y, down by 46% q-o-q
Consolidated Financial Highlights – 9M FY2019
- Revenue at INR 8,266.3 million; up 22% y-o-y
- EBITDA at INR 946.9 million; up 61% y-o-y
- PBT at INR 792.3 million, up 12% y-o-y
- PAT at INR 580.2 million; up 3% y-o-y
Commenting on the Q3 financial performance, Rahul Kanodia, Vice Chairman and CEO, Datamatics said, “Our Revenue and EBITDA for the quarter have witnessed healthy growth and the business has delivered good performance. However PBT has declined primarily due to forex hedging gains accrued in FY2018 and exchange loss in current quarter due to revaluation of foreign currency debtors at closing exchange rate. We see steady business growth in the coming quarters.”
- For 9M FY2019, USA continues to be major contributor at 61% whereas contributions from Europe, India and Rest of World stood at 19%, 15% and 5% respectively.
- In terms of sectorial contribution to the revenue, BFSI, Publishing and Manufacturing were the top three sectors contributing 25%, 27% and 10% respectively.
- Top 5 clients contributed 24%; top 10 clients contributed 36%, whereas contribution from top 20 clients to the revenue for stood at 49%.
Business Updates Q3 FY2019
- Datamatics launched the new version of its RPA product TruBot 3.0 in Q3. The features of this version makes it extremely user friendly for business users to build their own bots which will enable our customers and enterprises to scale up their RPA program.
- Datamatics added 6 new customers in Q3 FY2019
- Datamatics continued its focus on developing partner & reseller program. In the quarter, they have signed up 15 new partners. Partner strength now totals to 30 partners across the globe.
- During the quarter, board of directors of Datamatics and Lumina Datamatics considered and approved a proposal to merge the two companies into Datamatics. The merged company would then be vertically split into two companies, namely, Datamatics Global Services Ltd. and LDR E-Retail Ltd. The shareholders of DGSL will have an identical shareholding pattern in both Datamatics and LDR E-Retail Ltd. The later will be renamed as Lumina Datamatics Limited.
- Datamatics was re-appraised at CMMI Institute’s Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) level 4 (Dev Ver 1.3).
- During the quarter, Datamatics received multiple awards and recognitions including -
- Datamatics was featured in the IDC report on “Robotic Process Automation Vendor Assessment 2018 for Asia/Pacific (Excluding Japan)”. The report covered the evolving automation ecosystem and recognizes Datamatics TruBot as a leading technology vendor in the RPA space.
- Datamatics was recognized as a RPA Service Provider by Forrester, a leading analyst firm in their recent report “Now Tech: Robotic Process Automation Services, Q4 2018.”
- During the quarter, Computer Society of India recognised Datamatics as Best Cognitive Technology Provider of the Year 2018. Datamatics is recognized for its Robotic Process Automation (RPA) product, TruBot which helped a leading bank in India to automate their credit limit extension process.