Datamatics announces fourth quarter and fiscal 2018 financial results

May 29, 2018 1:00:00 PM

FY2018 consolidated revenue up by 6.8% to INR 910.27 crore

Mumbai, May 29, 2018: Datamatics Global Services Ltd. (DGSL), a global technology company, today announced the financial results for the fourth quarter and the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018.

The Board proposed a final dividend of INR 0.25/- (5%) per equity share of Rs. 5/- each on the equity share capital of the Company, subject to the shareholders’ approval at the ensuing AGM. Considering the interim dividend of INR 0.5/- (10%) paid during the year, the total dividend for the fiscal year 2017-18 will be INR 0.75/- (15%) per equity share.

Consolidated Financial Highlights – Q4FY2018

  • Revenue at INR 234.77 crore; up 6.1% Y-o-Y
  • EBITDA at INR 23.08 crore; up 11.2% Q-o-Q and 87.7% Y-o-Y
  • EBITDA margin improved by 99 basis points to 9.83% Y-o-Y
  • PAT at INR 15.20 crore
  • EPS at INR 2.58 

Consolidated Financial Highlights – FY2018

  • Revenue at INR 910.27 crore; up 6.8%, up 9.6% in constant currency  
  • Healthy EBITDA at INR 82.03 crore;
  • PAT at INR 71.50 crore; up 11.8%
  • EPS at INR 12.12; up 11.8% 

Consolidated Balance Sheet Highlights – FY2018

  • Debt as at March 31, 2018 stood at INR 65.80 crore
  • Cash and cash equivalent plus current investments as at March 31, 2018 were at INR 103.01 crore
  • DSO as on March 31, 2018 82 days 

Commenting on the results and financial performance, Rahul Kanodia, Vice Chairman and CEO said, “Our FY18 performance is in line with our expectations. In our traditional IT and BPM business, we are penetrating deeper with each client through cross-selling and up-selling. We are also looking at expanding the client-base in existing and newer geographies through client mining by using proprietary products and platform-based outsourcing, and will also look at leveraging our partner network. We will continue to invest in newer technologies to expand the share of revenue of our digital business.” 

Operational highlights 2018

  • During FY2018, USA at 62% continued to contribute significantly to the revenue whereas contributions of Europe, India and Rest of World stood at 16%, 17% and 5% respectively.
  • In terms of sectorial contribution to the revenue, BFSI, Publishing and Manufacturing were the top three sectors contributing 26%, 24% and 10% respectively.
  • Top 5 contributed 23% to FY18 revenue, top 10 clients contributed 35% to FY18 revenue, whereas contribution from top 20 clients for FY18 stood at 48%. 

Business Updates

  • Datamatics successfully implemented a state-of-the-art next generation contact-less smart card based Automated Fare Collection solution for the Lucknow Metro Rail Contract (LMRC) with 8 stations completed in Phase 1A for the North-South corridor.
  • Datamatics launched two solutions –
    • TruBot, a multi-skilled software bot that enables several large enterprises across the globe automate repetitive processes, further evolved to enable faster and easy deployment for the customer. TruBot Neuro, which has cognitive powers to read, interpret and comprehend large amounts of multilingual unstructured data; and can self-learn to improve efficiency and make smarter decisions.
    • TruBI, a web-based, Enterprise Business Intelligence solution with integrated Advanced Analytics capabilities. It has intuitive and interactive dashboards that enables faster decision-making, and delivers query responses 10 times faster. 


  • Datamatics acquired TechJini, a boutique mobile and web application development company, headquartered in Bangalore, and has since been renamed as Datamatics Digital Ltd. The objective of the acquisition was to further strengthen Datamatics’ mobility offerings through TechJini’s range of smart technology solutions. The company is happy to report that the acquisition has yielded the expected benefits and we are further leveraging the expertise of TechJini to focus on mobile app development, cloud solutions, digital media services, IOT applications, virtual reality, etc.
  • Datamatics acquired RJGlobus Solutions Inc., a voice-based BPO company headquartered in Manila, Philippines. This acquisition will further enhance Datamatics’ BPO offerings to meet the growing demands of customers and increase its market presence through an expanded global delivery centre. 

Awards & Recognitions

During FY2018, Datamatics won many honours including:

  • CIO Choice 2018 Honour And Recognition for Artificial Intelligence (AI); Business Intelligence (BI) and Document Management Systems (DMS)
  • World HRD Congress 2018 – for Best HR Organization To Work & Best Talent Management Strategy
  • Datamatics Digital Ltd. Recognized as a Google Certified Developers Agency
  • Honoured in the Services category at the WTC Global Economic Summit 2018

Subscribe by Email